On the third Sunday of every play during our regular season we offer our Sunday Symposium, an in-depth discussion about the themes of the play, with interesting and knowledgeable panel members, moderated by a member of our artistic staff. Free and open to the public, these discussions provide further exploration and different perspectives on each of our plays.
- SMALL MOUTH SOUNDS 09/17/17. Dr. Peg Oliveira, Founder and Executive Director of 108 Monkeys, a non-profit yoga service organization.
- FIREFLIES 10/29/17. Matthew Barber, Tony nominated playwright of Fireflies and Enchanted April.
- THE CHOSEN 12/10/17. Rabbi Herbert Brockman of Congregation Mishkan Israel in Hamden, CT
- OFFICE HOUR 02/04/18. Read about panelists HERE
- Ken Ludwig’s BASKERVILLE: A SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERY 03/18/18.
- CROWNS 05/06/18.
- METEOR SHOWER 10/16/16. Christopher Semk, Assistant Professor, Department of French, Yale University
- OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY 12/11/16. Jennifer Klein, Professor of History, Yale University
- ENDGAME 1/22/17. Catherine Sheehy, Chair Dramaturgy and Dramatic Criticism, Yale University
- NAPOLI, BROOKLYN 3/5/17. Laura Wexler, Professor of Women’s and Gender Studies at Yale University
- SMART PEOPLE 4/2/17. Clara Wilkins, Assistant Professor of Psychology at Wesleyan University and Collin Leach, Professor of Psychological Sciences at the University of Connecticut.
- THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOM IN NEW YORK 5/21/17. Adam Gopnik, Writer of The Most Beautiful Room in New York, and staff writer at The New Yorker
- OUR TOWN – with special guest Donald Margulies, moderated by
- PICASSO AT THE LAPIN AGILE – with special guest Barry Nalebuff, moderated by Eric Ting
- FOREVER – with special guest Dael Orlandersmith, moderated by Elizabeth Nearing
- BAD JEWS – with special guest Rabbi Michael Farbman of Temple Emanuel of Greater New Haven, moderated by Elizabeth Nearing
- brownsville song (b-side for tray) – with special guests Erik Clemons of ConnCAT and Joe Brummer of Community Mediation, Inc., moderated by Eric Ting
- THE SECOND MRS WILSON – with Patrick Cohrs, Yale University Associate Professor of History & International Relations and special guest playwright Joe DiPietro, moderated by Elizabeth Nearing
- THE LAST FIVE YEARS – with James Sampliner, moderated by
- THE SHADOW OF THE HUMMINGBIRD – with Athol Fugard, moderated by Gordon Edelstein
- 4000 MILES – with Amy Herzog, Zoaunne LeRoy, and Micah Stock, moderated by Elizabeth Nearing
- THE CONSULTANT – with Bruce Tulgan, moderated by Eric Ting
- FENCES – with Elizabeth Alexander and Branden Jacobs-Jenkins,
moderated by Eric Ting
Made possible in part by a grant from