Sing Your Story is a celebration of local music connecting Benjamin Scheuer’s personal and powerful The Lion at Long Wharf Theatre with the multitude of stories and musical talent of the Greater New Haven area. A month long songwriting competition will culminate in a finale at Long Wharf Theatre on January 25, 2016.
Sponsored by Ruby Melton and Gail McAvay
Listen to Benjamin Scheuer Sing his story
in THE lION jAN 6 – fEB 7, 2016
About the Competition
- Final Show Monday, January 25th at 7:30pm | Tickets $5 | LWT Main Stage
- The top ten entries will get to perform and the grand prize winner will be chosen live at the Final Show by local judges.
- Artists must be available Monday January 25, 2016 from 3-9pm
- All songs must:
– have lyrics
– be original
– be between 1-5 minutes
– be performed by 1-3 artists (larger bands are not eligible)
- Videos must be:
– uploaded to Youtube and submitted to Sing Your Story between Jan 1-15, 2016. Submissions close at midnight on 1/15/16.
– titled “LWT Sing Your Story: Artist Name, Song Name” `
For example: “LWT Sing Your Story: Benjamin Scheuer, COOKIE TIN BANJO”
Songs can be submitted by video starting January 1, 2016. They will be judged on the quality of the song, not the video. The video with the most likes on YouTube will automatically be entered into the top ten. The other 9 will be voted on by a panel of nominators.
GRAND PRIZE WINNER RECEIVES
- Recording session with Baobab Tree Studios
- Gig as a headliner at a popup festival with
the 2016 International Festival of Arts & Ideas
ALL SUBMISSONS RECEIVE
- A pair of tickets to The Lion
- Consideration for paid and unpaid opportunities at the 2016 International Festival of Arts & Ideas
- Four tickets to the final show on January 25